WatchGuard today released WatchGuard Dimension™ 2.1, the latest version of its award-winning data visualization and reporting suite, and Fireware® 11.11, its security-hardened operating system. These releases provide increased visibility across the entire network for distributed enterprises and small and midsize businesses (SMBs). IT professionals can now scan networks for unauthorized devices with WatchGuard's Network Discovery, gain real-time visibility into infected clients with Botnet Detection, identify and audit mobile devices connected to the network with Mobile Security, and take advantage of new reporting and management capabilities in Dimension.
Organizations lacking comprehensive and actionable visibility across their network face greater risk and slower response times for attack mitigation. Additionally, they have difficulty managing everyday network nuisances like downtime and bottlenecks that negatively impact employee productivity.
"As an IT managed services company, we are constantly looking for ways to optimize and perfect monitoring and investigating suspicious traffic in our customers' environments," said Jon Bailey, CEO, Netektives Technology, LLC. "WatchGuard's Network Discovery service is one of the new services that enables us to stay one step ahead of potential breaches with a clear view into network traffic, connected devices and users on the network."
"We talk about visibility as the missing layer of information security, but really, it's more like night vision goggles," said Corey Nachreiner, chief technology officer at WatchGuard. "It allows you to see into areas that were previously just a shadowy void. No matter how good your security may be, the threat landscape will continue to evolve. Since you can't stop every attack, you need to have mechanisms that help you see, analyze and respond to them before it's too late."
- Network Discovery: a subscription service that performs a complete network scan to quickly generate a visual map of every connected device, providing Firebox administrators total visibility into all assets on their network. The technology ensures only authorized devices are in place, while at the same time detecting open ports and identifying the protocols that are running.
- Botnet Detection: integrated into the Reputation Enabled Defense service. Customers gain real-time visibility into infected clients and command and control communication is immediately blocked.
- Mobile Security: a subscription service that delivers an additional layer of network visibility by giving administrators the ability to identify and audit mobile devices that connect to the network. This allows Firebox administrators to enforce access controls and only allow mobile devices that adhere to current corporate policies, and are free of malware.
- Subscription Services Dashboard: a reporting interface that gives businesses a comprehensive performance summary with statistics to show what has been scanned by a Firebox and attacks or malware that have been prevented. It enables IT managers to deliver that information in an easily digestible format for non-technical users.
- Policy Usage Report: a new report that provides valuable insight into how frequently policies are used, thereby enabling IT teams to keep firewall policies current and eliminate unnecessary or unused policies. This report is often requested by PCI auditors since unused policies are a good indicator of a poorly managed and maintained firewall.
- User Anonymization: an innovative feature that enables businesses to conform to data privacy regulations, such as the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation framework, by anonymizing end-user information.
For more information on the latest visibility features and tools from WatchGuard, visit these additional resources: